Please mark your answers as in this example:
EXAMPLE: I ____ a student.
1. ____ English?
2. No, I ____.
3. ____ the students.
4. ____ old are you?
5. I haven't got ____ cigarettes.
6. I am listening ____ my teacher.
7. I ____ television now.
8. ____ you want a drink?
9. They ____ to this school everyday.
10. She dresses very ____.
11. John is the ____ in the class.
12. You ____ see him tonight.
13. I ____ do my homework.
14. You must pay ____ you begin.
15. My teacher is the ____
16. The windows ____ by the boy.
17. I asked him if he ____ a good day.
18. ____ he has finished his work he can go home.
As soon as
19. He ____ us that he had been to Paris.
20. He asked her whether ____ London.
had she liked
did she like
21. Do you know if the train ____?
has already left
is left now
left since an hour
22. The garage ____.
is being rebuilt
rebuilds us again
23. He has had to ____.
let his hair cut
have his hair cut
been cut his hair
be cutting his hair
24. The station is too far away ____ to.
to goes on foot
25. I'd like ____ English.
to improve my
to can speak
26. If you ____ the box, you will find a present.
27. If you were to drop it, it ____.
28. Didn't you ____ play tennis?
have used to
29. My sister enjoyed ____ the dinner.
30. I was walking along the road when the car ____.
31. Tomorrow you ____ leaving England.
are going to
32. By five o'clock he ____ Manchester.
will have reached
33. These machines ____.
need to regulate
have to regulate
34. If all goes well, I ____ home before six o'clock.
will have been
35. If it had been sunny, I ____ gone out.
36. Do you know what ____ to do?
am I required
I am required
I am requiring
37. Don't forget ____ me a newspaper, John.
that you buy
38. Whenever there was a visitor, the dog ____ to the door.
39. He is an engineer in ____
the cotton industry
40. Although my brother ____ in the team, we still lost.
41. I was very ____ in the story.
42. He advised me ____ the doctor.
that I see
43. I ____ travelling by tube.
am not used to
didn't used to
do not use to
44. He didn't come last night. I wish that he ____.
45. I am going to a wedding. I need to ____.
be cleaning my suit
cleaning my suit
have my suit cleaned
cleaned my suit
46. Which would you ____ have, gold or silver?
47. My brother has been in hospital. I wonder how he ____.
is getting on
has got across
is getting away
48. The man said he did not ____ to walk.
49. Although he confessed to the crime, the judge let the boy ____.
50. The student could not answer the question, so he ____.
Click here to test your English
Check out our photo galleries!